Manage my library account
To see an overview of your account, renew your loans, check fines, make and cancel requests and see any notices:
- go to Discover
- click the grey box which says Guest, English at the top right of the screen
- click Sign in
- click the box again and choose My Library Account
Books can be renewed provided:
- no requests are placed on this item
- your fines or bills do not exceed £7.99
All items must be returned by the current due date or fines will be charged. Your account will be blocked if a requested item on your account is overdue. This means you will not be able to renew ANY items on your account until the requested book is returned. You can avoid fines by renewing your books, details are avaiable on the fines page.
If all the copies of the book you want are on loan, you can request it:
- at Request Options click Request
- in the Pick Up Location box select Glasgow Campus (if at GCU London, select London Campus). London students can only place requests for Glasgow books at the London Library Desk
- click Request, you will see a confirmation with your position in the queue
- we will email your GCU email address when the book is available for collection from the shelves at the Library Desk
To cancel a request go to Discover, sign in and choose My Library Account. At the account overview, click Requests and cancel the item.
The overview screen displays a summary of any fines on your account. All users are blocked when fines exceed £7.99. You are not allowed to borrow or renew until you have paid or reduced your fines to less than £8.
If you are unsure about any aspect of your library account please do not hesitate to contact the Library Desk, either in person, by phoning 0141 273 1000 or emailing email@example.com.
If the video below does not play, use this alternative player.