If you need an item for your coursework, teaching or research, and we don't have it in stock, you can request it through our inter-library loan service, Clio.
Requesting an inter-library loan
- Before you make a request, check Discover or the journals A-Z, the Mitchell Library and other local university catalogues. You might be able to consult the item in a library nearby using the SCONUL Access scheme
- Students need authorisation from their lecturer. The service is available to all students but it is expected that most information requirements for undergraduates will be available in our collections or locally
- Some schools require staff requests to be authorised too (check with your library representative)
- You can normally borrow an item for three weeks with an automatic extension for a further three weeks. However if the British Library asks us to return it immediately we must do so or risk losing our right to borrow
- Students on distance learning courses can only apply for journal articles as we don’t provide a book postal service
How to use Clio:
- Log in using domain username and password. The first time that you use the system, you need to complete the registration for a new Inter-library loan account
- Please use your university email address. The system will not work unless you do this
- Students must fill in supervisor name and supervisor email details
- Click Create Account
- You are now ready to make a request
Requests for UK theses - if you are a GCU researcher or a member of staff please search the EThOS database (more information is available on their FAQs page).
If you are asked to pay for digitisation please contact us providing details of the thesis you want and we will consider meeting the cost of the digitisation for you.
For further help phone 0141 273 1200 or 0141 273 1194, or email the Inter-Library Loan Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.