Selecting and ordering books, ebooks and media resources
If you would like to see the book when it comes in, request it using Discover. The book appears there as an on order item. At Request Options click Request. In the pop up box at Pick Up Location select Glasgow Campus (if at GCU London, select London Campus). Click Request, you will see a confirmation that the request has been placed and your position in queue. When the book is available an email will be sent to your University email account. The item can be collected from the Collection Point at the Library Desk.
To help you choose
- You can use DawsonEnter for checking book details, creating subject lists and setting up regular alerts for new books and ebooks in your subject area. If you are a new user click Register as a new user. They will send you an electronically generated password. You can then update your personal details and change your password.
- Have you considered using open textbooks? These are peer reviewed ebooks which are available free for students to use. You can also adapt the content to suit your course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- To get five minute previews of ebooks, you can connect to Dawsonera and sign in using your domain login.
- You can also check item details using:
If you have any queries please contact Acquisitions on 0141 273 1469.
We allocate part of the library budget to each school or division, items ordered are assigned to this budget. We have a separate fund for reading lists.
How to order a book, ebook or media item
- Please check the catalogue for items already in stock and tell us if extra copies are needed.
- Please include as much detail as possible, especially ISBN, as this speeds the process. We normally buy paperbacks if possible.
- We have a Collection Management and Access Strategy.