Glasgow Caledonian University’s Archive Centre will process your personal data in accordance with Data Protection legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. This means that confidentiality will be respected and that appropriate security measures will be taken to prevent unauthorised disclosure. This notice applies to all users of GCU Archive Centre services including researchers and donors.
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
Your personal information will be collected and used as follows:
- To provide access to Archive services
- To monitor use of services and for statistical analysis
- To respond to your enquiry
- To record your compliance with the relevant University and library and archive regulations
- To ensure the security of the Archive collections
- To maintain a record of the provenance of items deposited in the Archive Centre
We will use your information only for the purposes set out above. Your information will be shared internally only with those individuals who require it in the course of their duties. Your information will not be shared with any third parties, or transferred outside of the European Union.
Who will process my information?
Under Data Protection law the University is the ‘data controller’. This means that the University is responsible for how it uses and processes your information and complying with requests relating to your personal data.
How long is the information kept?
Your information will be retained only for as long as necessary for the purposes described. In the case of donors, information will be kept permanently to provide a record of provenance.
What is the legal basis for using my information?
We have different basis for processing in different situations and rely on your consent, our public task, legitimate interests and, in the case of sensitive personal information, archiving in the public interest.
You have the right to:
- Find out what personal data we process about you and to request a copy of the data
- Ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete data
- Withdraw consent to process your personal data, if you were asked for and provided consent
Please contact us if you wish to exercise or enquire about any of these rights.
Data Protection Officer (DPO), Department of Governance, Britannia Building, Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA