Terms and Conditions
The University reserves the right to cancel or alter the content of courses, day trips or social events due to unforeseen circumstances.
In the unlikely event that a course is cancelled you will be offered a place on another course or a full refund.
The deposit fee of £100 is non refundable, unless the course is cancelled by GCU
In order to withdraw from the programme, you should let us know by email.
If you have paid the programme fees or deposit and need to withdraw, fees will then be refunded in accordance with the terms set out below:
• Before 8th June – full fees refunded minus the £100 deposit
• 9th – 30th June - 75% of fees will be refunded, minus the £100 deposit
• 1st July - 12th July – 50% of the fee minus the £100 deposit
• After 13th July – No refund
Visa Application Rejected
Where a VISA application is rejected once you have paid full fees, we will refund on the the following basis:
- Student notifies the Summer School Team in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st July, after this date we cannot provide refunds
- A copy of the VISA rejection notification is attached to the email
- The £100 deposit cannot be refunded
Where a VISA is cancelled by the UK government due to breach of visa conditions while in the UK or if you have the incorrect VISA while entering the UK then no refund will be given. Please see our VISA page for guidance on applying for your VISA.
Should an exceptional circumstance arise beyond your control the fees (minus the £100 deposit) may be refunded. Exceptional circumstances such as bereavement of an immediate member of your family or if you have a serious illness. We may require a supporting staement such as a doctors certificate in order to provide a refund. All exceptional circumstances will be dealt with on an individual basis.
All refunds are made in UK Sterling and we cannot refund any differences due to exchange rate fluctuations or any bank charges incurred. Refunds for online payments will be made onto the credit/debit card used to make the payment.