GCU are happy to announce that we have great scholarships from Santander Universities designed to help school and college leavers from the UK looking to study STEM programmes that can help provide financial assistance to students during their studies
What is the scholarship
- £1250 per annum throughout your studies. Funds can be used to help support costs such as books, travel, accommodation and materials / equipment.
- Opportunity to access further opportunities from Santander Universities network.
Who can apply
Any student coming from a School or college leavers from the United Kingdom who have applied for one of the programmes below to study in September 2019
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Food Bioscience
- BSc (Hons) Cell & Molecular Biology
- BSc (Hons) Microbiology
- BSc (Hons) Applied Biomedical Science
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Environmental Civil Engineering
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Fire Risk Engineering
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Electrical Power Engineering
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Audio Technology
- BEng (Hons) Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Mechanical Systems Engineering
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Forensic Investigation
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Computer Games (Software Development
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Information Technology Management for Business
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Software Development for Business
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Computing
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Computer Games (Art and Animation)
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Networked Systems Engineering
- BSc (Hons)/BSc Cyber Security and Networks
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Computer Networking
- BEng / BEng (Hons) Digital Security and Forensics
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Computer Games (Design)
- BSc/BSc (Hons) 3D Animation and Visualisation
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering
How to Apply
Submit the short online application form linked below. The selection panel are particularly interested to know:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship
- What difference it will make to your studies/career
- What difference you will make to the industry / University – what will you give back?
- What your future plans and career goals are
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on a combination of academic, motivational and economic factors.
Closing date for applications 14 August 2019
Terms and conditions
The award is non transferable to any other programme if you change your course to the one specified at time of application.
- A thank you letter is submitted, to be given to the donor Santander Universities.
- A report, based on your experience as a scholarship recipient and how this award has made a difference to you (this will be required nearing the end of every year of study) .
- Approval for any use of photographs and quotes to be used in printed media and on University websites
- Attendance at any scholarship related events, hosted by GCU or Santander Universities
- Awards cannot be deferred to another academic session