Glasgow Caledonian University is one of the first UK universities to benefit from a STEM scholarship programme designed to help school and college leavers.
GFG Foundation Scholarships support talented engineering students joining undergraduate programmes (listed below) at GCU.
What is the scholarship
- £1250 per annum throughout your studies. Funds can be used to help support costs such as books, travel, accommodation and materials / equipment.
- Opportunity to access support from a mentor employed within a GFG Alliance company to help guide academic and career progression.
Who can apply
School or college leavers who have applied for one of the programmes below to study in September 2019:
- BEng (Hons) Computer Aided Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical Power Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Fire Risk Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Environmental Civil Engineering
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Mechanical Systems Engineering
- BEng/BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering
How to Apply
Submit the short online application form linked below. The selection panel are particularly interested to know:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship
- What difference it will make to your studies/career
- What difference you will make to the industry / University – what will you give back?
- What your future plans and career goals are
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on a combination of academic, motivational and economic factors.
Closing date for applications 14 August 2019
Terms and conditions
The award is non transferable to any other programme if you change your course to the one specified at time of application.
- A thank you letter is submitted, to be given to the donor GFG Foundation .
- A report, based on your experience as a scholarship recipient and how this award has made a difference to you (this will be required nearing the end of every year of study) .
- Approval for any use of photographs and quotes to be used in printed media and on University websites
- Attendance at any scholarship related events, hosted by GCU or GFG Foundation
Awards cannot be deferred to another academic session