Glasgow Caledonian University are pleased to offer scholarships for students who currently have an asylum case pending or dependants who's parents have an asylum case ongoing which will cover the cost of tuition fees for the duration of you Undergraduate studies and also provide a bursary to assist with study/living costs of £1,250 per year**
** subject to satisfactory academic progress
What you get
- full fee scholarship covering your Undergraduate tuition fee
- Scholarship payment of £1,250 to assist with study/ living costs every year of your studies**
Who can apply
Applications will be considered from potential students who:
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for study at the Glasgow Caledonian University commencing September 2018-2019; and
- have submitted, or are the dependant of someone who has submitted, an application to the Home Office for recognition as a Refugee under the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees (hereafter “The Convention”) and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application; or
- have been offered leave to remain in the UK on the grounds of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights provided that the student has not become eligible for Student Support from the relevant student funding body in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Applicants must live within the Glasgow area at the point of application as housing costs are not covered by the scholarship. Applications will only be accepted from prospective students outwith the Glasgow area if they submit written evidence of appropriate accommodation arrangements at the point of application.
You MUST attach:
Correspondance from the Home Office confirming your application status.
Those making an asylum claim will be issued an Asylum Registration Card (ARC
You MAY attach:
- References in support of your application
- Financial documents supporting your Economic Need section
Deadline for applications 31 August 2018
Submit application form and supporting evidence to
Andrea Butler – Scholarship Advisor
Glasgow Caledonian University, 200 Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA
Terms and conditions
to apply for the scholarship you must meet the following conditions
The University will provide scholarship funding to cover the full cost of the tuition fees for the student’s course until such time as the student is eligible to receive support from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) or Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
The Bursary will continue to be made for the normal duration of studies for the student’s course unless/until:
- The student withdraws from the course
- The student completes the course
- The student reaches the end of the asylum and immigration appeals process and is no longer lawfully allowed to remain in the UK
- The student obtains a Home Office status which entitles them to support from SAAS, Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland. In this case the student’s fee waiver will end when government funding for fees commences