The Sir Alex Ferguson Scholarship and Awards Fund was established in September 2015 to support deserving students at GCU through a combination of annual access scholarships, awards and mobility/Travel funding.
Annual Travel Bursary awards enable students to experience life-changing opportunities, including work placements, charity work and public service commitments overseas.
What you get
Up to £1000.00 towards the cost of future travel.
Who can apply
All undergraduate and postgraduate students from Scotland and the rest of the UK who are looking to travel between January 2020 and June 2020
Applications will open in August 2019
Terms and conditions
- Applicants can apply for multiple travel awards however only one will be awarded for each trip.
- We cannot accept applications for travel that has already started or taken place as awards will not be backdated.
- You must provide evidence of travel e.g. flight tickets or paid hotel confirmation before funds will be released.
- A thank you letter is submitted to be given to the donor (Santander).
- A report, based on your experience as a scholarship recipient and how this award has made a difference to you once you return.
- Approval for any use of photographs and quotes to be used in printed media and on University websites.
- Attendance at any scholarship related events, hosted by GCU.
If you are awarded payments will take around 3 weeks once the scholarship team has received Thank you letter, evidence of travel and bank account details