The School of Health and Life Sciences are happy to announce that they are offering Travel scholarships to staff and students
Travel Bursary awards enable students to experience life-changing opportunities, including work placements, charity work and public service commitments overseas.
Who can apply
All undergraduate and postgraduate students and staff from the School of Health and Life Sciences.
- Scholarship must be to support an international project to improve the outcomes of others. This could be for example an elective placement, International summer school, short term mobility engagement or voluntary experience.
- Recipients must show evidence that they are undertaking an official activity (school organised, confirmation of elective placement etc).
- Conference attendance would not be supported UNLESS it is clear the conference can demonstrate an impact from a common good perspective.
- Recipients must undertake a video testimonial about their experiences on their return.
- Recipients would be expected to promote their activity via relevant social media channels.
- Applicants must clearly identify how undertaking the experience will impact on supporting the University mission relating to the “Common Good”.
- Applicants must identify how they think this experience will impact on their personal and professional development with regard to becoming global citizens.
- Applications will be screened by the Associate Dean International and School International Leads.
Applications deadline 01 April 2019
Terms and conditions
- Applicants can apply for multiple travel awards however only one will be awarded for each trip.
- We cannot accept applications for travel that has already started or taken place as awards will not be backdated.
- You must provide evidence of travel e.g. flight tickets or paid hotel confirmation before funds will be released.
- Payments of the Scholarship will take around 3 weeks
- Recipients must undertake a video testimonial about their experiences on their return
- Recipients would be expected to promote their activity via relevant social media channels
- A report, based on your experience as a scholarship recipient and how this award has made a difference to you once you return.
- Approval for any use of photographs and quotes to be used in printed media and on University websites.
What you get
Up to £1000.00 towards the cost of future travel.
Who can apply
All undergraduate and postgraduate students from Scotland and the rest of the UK who are looking to travel between June 2019 and December 2019.