We provide high-quality education for a fair price; as the University for the Common Good, Glasgow Caledonian University are committed to offering accessible higher education for talented students by keeping our tuition fees low and providing a generous scholarship package of over £2.5 million per year.
Our mission for the common good
Our mission is to make a positive difference to the communities we serve and this is shared by our students, many of whom take their skills and passion and use them to help make a difference to our communities locally and internationally.
Glasgow Caledonian University Foundation’s founding donor, Sir Alex Ferguson's philosophy is, "If you provide opportunities to young people, you will be amazed at what they can achieve." To find out more about the work of the foundation and the talented students who have benefitted from its support click here.
How many scholarships can I apply for?
Glasgow Caledonian University offers a range of scholarships and multiple scholarships may be of use to you. You can apply for more than one, however, you may only be awarded the scholarship that offers you the most benefit. For example;
- you can only receive one award for tuition fees
- only self-funded students can apply for tuition fee scholarships
- tuition fee scholarships cannot be transferred if you choose to change course without prior authorisation from the scholarships team
- You can apply for multiple Travel scholarships every year of your course for different trips
How do I make my scholarship application successful?
- Effort must be put into the application and you must write more than a couple of sentences detailing why you want the scholarship and what difference it will make to you
- Keep a back-up file in case anything goes wrong, draft in a word/office document and then transfer to the application once you are happy with your submission
- For applications through the GCU scholarship portal (not including application direct to organisations) there is not an autosave function, so please save your work as the portal may timeout when you are deep in thought of what to write next … then you could lose all work!!
- Check that you meet the criteria
- Be aware of the deadline and make sure you submit in time
- When filling out scholarship application forms, be complete, concise and creative. People who read these applications want to know the real you, not just your name. The application should clearly emphasise your ambitions, motivations and what makes you different!
- Tell us about your long and short-term goals and how the scholarship could help you reach them
- Detail any achievements and awards you have received in the past
- What impact would the financial support have on your ability to study
- Do you have any personal or family circumstances that contribute to your need for financial assistance? The simplest experience can be monumental if you present honestly how you were affected
- Think of the university's mission for the common good and refer to this during your application
- Make sure your application is neatly typed, well-written and does not contain any errors or typos
- Remember you are applying for a scholarship and not the course itself so detail your financial need, motivational and future aspirations in relation to the course… not all the requirements needed to get onto the course
- Make sure your application is submitted as you will receive a confirmation email if submitted successfully through the scholarship portal (only GCU Scholarships).
- Ask for help if you need it.
If you have any queries call our scholarships advisors on +44 141 331 8770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org