The scholarship will amount to £10,000 and will be tenable for one academic year. The award will be deducted from your tuition fees.
These scholarships are supported and funded by the Scottish Government in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University
Scholars will be expected to participate in a number of activities throughout the academic year in addition to their course of study, including welcome and end of year events and the promotion of Scotland and Scottish Higher Education.
In order to apply for The Scotland- India Scholarship candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at GCU
Who can apply
any student who is an indian citizen and meets the criteria below
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following programme areas:
- MSC Climate Justice
- MSC Big Data
- MSC Social Business and Microfinance
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. **Online, distance learning are not eligible for the scholarship.
Deadline for completing applications 18 June 2018
Terms and conditions
Must hold an offer of study with GCU before applying or the application will be rejected
By Applying for the scholarship you agree to the following
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events. Scholars will participate in a welcome reception and an end of year conference. (Scholars may be excused from attending in the event of exceptional circumstances).
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Being available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agreeing that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Scotland- India Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- In accordance with relevant data protection legislation, give consent to the use of their contact data in order to receive information on the Scotland-India programme both during their studies and after graduation.