Each scholarship will amount to £8,000 and will be tenable for one academic year. The award will be deducted from your tuition fees.
These scholarships are supported and funded by the Scottish Government in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University
Scholars will be expected to participate in a number of activities throughout the academic year in addition to their course of study, including welcome and end of year events and the promotion of Scotland and Scottish Higher Education.
In order to apply for a Saltire Scholarship candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at GCU
Who can apply
any International student who is a citizen of the following countries and meets the criteria below
- Hong Kong
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas commencing in September 2019:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. **Online, distance learning are not eligible for the scholarship.
Further information on the eligibility criteria and application process for the Scotland's Saltire Scholarships Scheme is available on the Study in Scotland website.
Applications close Sunday 26 May 2019 at midnight (GMT).
Terms and conditions
You must attend any related events in line with the Saltire scholarship.
You must be able to cover your living costs and balance of Tuition fee in line with the UKVI requirements when applying for a Visa
All awards are non-transferable to any other programme or academic session if you are awarded the scholarship.
Only applicants on a Full Time Taught Postgraduate Masters course are eligible to apply.