Glasgow Caledonian is the University for the Common Good. Our mission is to make a positive difference to the communities we serve and this is at the heart of all we do, especially in our social innovation teaching and research.
What is the scholarship
- Up to £15,000 full fee scholarship
- Plus 10 hours per week paid work placement*
* Work placement within our student recruitment, admissions and enquiries service for a maximum of 20 weeks (two semesters) which can be in any year of study.
You must have an offer to study a Masters programme at GCU (Glasgow or London Campus) and be at UNCONDITIONAL offer stage before you submit your application.
This scholarship has been of great benefit by propelling me towards the achievement of my career aspirations .GCU indeed provides world class education which has undoubtedly shaped my level of judgement and an interest in research. As the motto goes,"For the Common Good", I thank the school for investing in my personality and sowing this seed of greatness in me. This indeed has given life! and can walk my way to the top
Who can apply
Any International student who can demonstrate how they have contributed to the ‘Common Good’ and are looking to commence studies in September 2019 on a Masters course
- Have you helped others less fortunate?
- Have you set up a project designed to help your community?
- Have you volunteered?
- We will be asking you for your interpretation of the motto, and how best you can both continue to add value and complement our high levels of integrity and authenticity, so to make a positive difference during your time as a student, and then alumni of Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Detail your financial need
The application process is simple, you complete this application telling us more about you and how you contribute to the 'Common Good' and detail your circumstances and aspirations and advise how you will be covering your living costs in line with the UKVI requirements.
Applications for September are now closed
Applications for January start applicants will open on 31st July 2019
Terms and conditions
Must hold an offer of study with GCU and be at unconditional offer stage before applying or the application will be rejected
You must be able to cover your living costs in line with the UKVI requirements when applying for a Visa
All awards are non-transferable to any other programme or academic session if you are awarded the scholarship.
Only applicants on a Full Time Taught Postgraduate Masters course are eligible to apply.