GCU are happy to announce that we have funded places from the Data Lab , Scottish Funding Council and the European Social Fund to provide full-fees funding opportunities for MSc Big Data Technologies, for September 2019 start students (Home [Scotland] and EU-students only). We are currently in our forthyear of this scholarship opportunity and are looking forward to participating again in 2019-20.
The scholarship also brings a full year of exciting events run by the Data Lab. The Data Lab programme includes events designed to facilitate networking with students on Data Science courses across Scotland, industry data leaders, professionals and researchers. Events include a cross-university, residential Innovation Challenge; sector specific employability and skills training - and the opportunity to undertake a paid industrial placement in a Scottish business.
ICT skills and Big Data are pervasive across all organisations today and graduates from these programmes will be in high demand moving forward. In truth, there are too many jobs and too few graduates in this area.
Full fees scholarships for MSc Big Data Technologies are awaiting final confirmation from the Data Lab for September 2019 entry. Scholarships will be awarded based on academic, motivation and financial circumstances.
Friday 26 July 2019 5pm GMT
Who can apply
- Any Home or EU student who has applied for the full time MSc Big Data Technologies programme starting in September 2019
What is the scholarship
- Fully funded scholarship covering all tuition fees for the full time course starting September 2019
- The Data Lab also provide training and network events that students must attend
Terms and conditions of the Data Lab Scholarship
By completing the application you agree to the following
Please be advised that this scholarship is administered by Data Lab
If you're successful in your application then some information will be shared with Data Lab.
This is a condition of scholarship.
- Your contact details i.e. name and University email address evidence of your qualifications at enrolment, attendance at workshops, modules completed and your final qualification achieved will be provided by the University and shared with The Data Lab, for the purposes of administering the MSc course.
- The ESF Participant Form which you must complete advises that your data will be used by the University for ‘reporting and monitoring purposes and shared with relevant agencies.’ The ‘relevant agencies’ in this instance are Data Lab and the Scottish Funding Council.
The scholarship can not be transferred to any other academic session and is applicable to 2019/2020 only