How to Apply


The easiest way to apply for a postgraduate programme is using our online application form. This form is simple to complete and allows you to upload additional documentation to support your application.

At peak times the University receives an exceptionally high volume of applications and enquiries. We will make every effort to respond to applicants as soon as possible.

Please note that it may take slightly longer than usual to respond to your enquiry or provide an initial decision on your application.

Additional Documents

Some additional documents help GCU evaluate your application. They support the information you provided in your application form so certificates, transcripts and references are very important. Your personal statement is your opportunity to tell GCU why you want to apply for your chosen course and so it is equally as important.

Get full details of the additional documents needed. 

Other ways to apply

Complete the application form below and email with your supporting documents to or return to:

Admissions and Enquiry Service
Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road
Glasgow G4 0BA
Scotland, United Kingdom

Please note: For a small number of postgraduate courses, applications must be submitted via UCAS. This will be indicated in the Entry Requirements section of the specific course information.


The next intake is September 2019. All applications for undergraduate programmes should be made online through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Please contact for more details.

International students applying for undergraduate programmes through one of our overseas-based GCU representatives, can do so directly to the University. Our representatives based in your country will be able to advise you accordingly. Details of how to contact a local GCU representative can be found on our website.

From July until September you can apply directly to the University if you have not already applied to other institutions via UCAS. Please contact for an application form and further information. If you have already submitted an application via UCAS, please contact for information on what you need to do to be considered for a place.

Once we have received your documents, Undergraduate Admissions will assess your suitability for the programme and advise of any further course of action to be taken. Visit our undergraduate study section for details of how to fill in the UCAS form. We are happy to assess your eligibility for an undergraduate programme based upon your transcripts in advance of your application. 

If you have any queries regarding your application, please email Undergraduate Admissions directly at or telephone +44 141 331 3334.

Postgraduate Research

Discover our PhD research opportunities, here you can find what is currently available and how to apply.

Please send your completed forms and supporting documents, along with a two-four page proposal setting out your area of research interest, to or Admissions and Enquiry Service, Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow G4 0BA, Scotland, United Kingdom.

For more information on research at Glasgow Caledonian University please visit our Graduate School.

Payment of Overseas Tuition Fees

Please refer to our Fees & Finance section for full details of how to make a payment.

Semester Dates

Our programmes of study begin in September and January. For details of the academic year, check out the University academic calendar

Study Abroad

To apply to study as a fee-paying student for one semester or one year at undergraduate level, download an application form and refer to the study abroad pages for further information


If your institution has an exchange agreement with Glasgow Caledonian University, it may be possible to spend a semester with us. Learn more about exchanges.