University UCAS Clearing process explained
UCAS Clearing is an excellent way for you to find and apply for alternative undergraduate degree courses at Glasgow Caledonian University. We are always keen to welcome enthusiastic students from a range of backgrounds! So if you have yet to secure a place at university, there will be a limited number of UCAS Clearing spaces available on selected undergraduate degree courses for September entry.
You can apply to GCU through UCAS Clearing. Here's everything you need to know.
What is UCAS Clearing?
In Clearing, university degree courses with available places appear on UCAS vacancies. You can use UCAS Clearing to find an alternative course at GCU if you have yet to secure a place at university.
Is Clearing for me?
UCAS Clearing is for you if...
- you have made an application for September but have not received any offers
- you have received a conditional offer on your UCAS Application but did not meet the conditions of this offer
- you are making a new UCAS application after 30 June
Here are the key UCAS Clearing dates
UCAS Clearing runs after the UCAS application process, from 5 July to mid-September. If you wish to start studying in September entry then here are the key dates you should take note of
- 30 June entry applications received after 30 June are automatically entered into UCAS Clearing
- 5 July UCAS officially opens Clearing on 5 July
- 6 August SQA exam results day
- 15 August A-level exam results day
What do I do to use Clearing?
- Use the search tool on the UCAS website to find Clearing vacancies. Please note that the online list is updated regularly.
- Once you have found a course you want to apply for, contact us on our Clearing helpline 0800 027 9171 and we will talk you through the degree courses you meet the requirements for.
- Use UCAS to add your GCU Clearing choice to your application and fill in the course details by the date we give you on the phone.
How will clearing impact my time at university, my degree and my future prospects?
Your experience at Glasgow Caledonian University will be no different from those who did not use UCAS Clearing to study at GCU. GCU is a community where all of us, including you, are working as partners to deliver excellence in learning and an outstanding student experience.
The vast majority of our graduates find work or further study within six months of graduating, and we offer a variety of innovative, specialised courses. The lecturers for your chosen course will have good industry contacts to help you with placements and future career opportunities.
Find out more
We are delighted that you are considering to study at GCU. If you see a course that interests you, you can contact us via:
Phone: 0800 027 9171