Tier 5 - Youth mobility and temporary workers
There are 6 categories within Tier 5. Click on each individual tier for more information.
Creative and sporting
For people coming to work or perform in the UK for up to 12 months as sportspeople, entertainers or creative artists. Sportspeople must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport, and/or their job must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level.
Charity workers
For people coming to do voluntary (unpaid) work for a charity in the UK.The work must be directly related to the sponsor organisation's work.
Religious workers
For people coming to the UK forpreaching, pastoralor non-pastoral work,or work in a religious order such as a monastery or convent.
Government authorised exchange
For people coming to the UK through approved schemes that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice, and to experience the UK's social and cultural life.This category must not be used to fill job vacancies or to bring unskilled labour to the UK.
International agreement
For people coming to the UK under contract to do work that is covered under international law. Thisincludes workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and similar agreements, employees of overseas governments and international organisations, and private servants in diplomatic households.
Youth mobility scheme
For young people from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and Monaco who want to come and experience life in the UK.

Temporary Workers

Tier 5 is designed for those coming to the UK as temporary workers. There are six categories:

  • Creative and Sporting
  • Charity Workers
  • Religious Workers
  • Government Authorised Exchange
  • International Agreement
  • Youth Mobility Scheme

For more information, see the UKVI website.

Government Authorised Exchange 

GCU has a licence to sponsor applicants in certain areas of employment and research. Please contact visa@gcu.ac.uk for further information.

Youth Mobility Scheme

You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you:

  • want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years
  • are aged 18 to 30
  • have £1890 in savings
  • Have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries

You need to be sponsored if you are from the Republic of Korea.