Some people can find that revision and exams can cause considerable stress.
You may be anxious about the exams or assessments themselves. Perhaps you are dealing with other issues and the additional pressure of exams just feels too much.
Remember, a certain amount of stress is natural and helps motivate you to do things that are necessary.
However, if you feel that things are getting too much there is a variety of support available:
- Contact your Academic Adviser as early as you can.
- Effective Learning Service support on revision and exam techniques can be useful.
- A student mental health and wellbeing advisor can help you talk over your anxieties, either individually or in a group.
- The Advice Centre within GCU Students’ Association can offer help and advice.
- Exercise or relaxation techniques available in the ARC are useful.
If you are experiencing issues that you think might affect your performance in an exam find out about Special Factors.
Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help.