Do I need to know my student ID or Matriculation number to order a transcript?
- No, but it does help us to process your order faster.
Can I order a transcript even though I withdrew from my course before graduating?
- Yes, if you have formally withdrawn from the University and your student record shows this then you can request a transcript which will show the examination results and credits up to that date.
Can I have information added to or excluded from my transcript?
- A transcript is an official document which is laid out in a standardised format and contains your name, date of birth, student ID, and all the marks on your student record. It is not possible to add or remove information from your transcript.
When will I receive my transcript?
We aim to produce transcripts within 10 working days. However, at certain times of the year, particularly during the examination diets (January/April/May/August), production may take longer.
Results and marks prior to 1998 are not held electronically. Transcripts from this period may take longer as records are held in our Archives department. This means the production time could be increased to approximately 20 working days.
Can I collect my transcript or have it emailed to me?
- You cannot collect your transcript in person and we do not provide electronic copies of transcripts.
My transcript has not arrived – what should I do?
When the following timescales have elapsed since you placed your order, please email ConfirmationOfStudy@gcu.ac.uk with your full name, student ID if you have it and your order number from the GCU Online Store.
Allow this period of time for delivery:
- Period of study after 1998 allow up to 15 working days (UK addresses) or 30 working days (non-UK addresses)
- Period of study before 1998 allow up to 25 working days (UK addresses) or 40 working days (non-UK addresses)
I think there is an error on my transcript – what should I do?
- Please contact the Confirmation of Study team in Student Records by email ConfirmationOfStudy@gcu.ac.uk