The following software packages are available on all PCs across campus.
- Texthelp Read and Write Gold - This operates as a toolbar that can assist students of all levels with their reading, writing and research skills. The software allows students to develop their literacy skills and enjoy greater independence. Useful features include text to speech, and enhanced spell check tools.
- Mind Genius - This is mind mapping software that can help with planning your study or organising your workload.
- Zoomtext - This is magnification software.
The Disability Team offers hardware for trial, or on short/long term loans, to students. This includes:
- Laptops – We have a range of computer hardware including lightweight laptops and continue to expand and update this range as new technologies emerge.
- iPads/tablets – For notetaking and work placements, preloaded with assistive technology apps.
- Dictaphones – to capture audio from lectures and classes.
- LiveScribe Pens – These digital recording pens capture audio as well as recording hand written notes. They can be useful in many learning environments including some placement settings.
- Magnifiers – We have a range of both digital and manual magnifiers, for use with electronic text and printed text.
- Digital Wireless Hearing Units – A range of audio solutions are available to help students with hearing impairments.
- Electronic stethoscopes – An stethoscope intended to help people with a hearing impairment
- Ergonomic Aids – For comfort and support.