You must apply for Short-term study visa through the UKVI website. You will need to register for an account first if you have not already done this. The correct visa category is:
- Reason for Visit: 'Study'
- Visa Type: 'Study (non Points-Based System)'
- Visa Sub Type: 'Study - Short-Term Student 6 months' OR ''Short Term Study 11 months - English Language'
The application fee is £97 for a 6 month visa and £186 for an 11 month visa. This should be paid in local currency.
Confirmation of Student Status Letter
You need to show evidence that you have been enrolled or confirm your student status at GCU. Please contact registry at: studentrecords@GCU.ac.uk to request your Confirmation of Student Status Letter which will be issued electronically. You need to print this out and submit it along with your other supporting documents.
If you are coming as part of Exchange and Study Abroad or GCU International Summer School you will receive an Unconditional Acceptance Letter from the university confirming proof of the course you will be studying.
To support your online application you will also need to provide:
- Current valid passport (with at least one blank page for your visa)
- 2x passport-sized colour photographs which cannot be more than one month old. UKVI requirements for photo listed here: www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
- Confirmation of Student Status Letter for Short Term Study Visa for continuing students or
- Unconditional Acceptance Letter
- Original certificates and transcripts from your studies for current course and any previous study
- English Language Evidence as provided for your admission to study at GCU
- Your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you are from a country where you have to take the test if your applying for a visa to study for more than 6 months (English-language only)
- Evidence that you can support yourself during your stay in the UK, i.e. bank statements and/or payslips for the last 6 months
- Return flight if you have already arranged this
- Details of where you intend to stay in the UK and your travel plans - you shouldn't pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
All non-Tier 4 visa applicants (including Short-Term Study Visas) on ATAS-required courses require to have ATAS clearance. To apply please visit GOV.UK.
As you are required to show evidence that you can financially support yourself during your stay in the UK, UKVI does not state a fixed sum maintenance requirement as there is in Tier 4. Therefore it is advisable to aim to adhere to the Tier 4 maintenance requirements, £1,015 per month (£1,265 for GCU London), as a guide for how much money you will need. The recommended UKVI currency convertor is OANDA. Please use this to calculate all fees and living costs required in £ sterling to ensure you have sufficient funds.
Remember that no work is permitted on this visa, so you must show that you possess enough funds to support yourself for your entire stay as a student visitor.
Please visit UKVI website for further information.