If you are coming to study at GCU on a Tier 4 visa, then you may be eligible to bring your family with you as dependants.
A dependant of a Tier 4 student is defined as:
- Your Partner:
- Your spouse (husband or wife) or civil partner or your unmarried partner (this can also apply if you are a same-sex couple), you must be living together for at least 2 years.
- You must both be 18 years old at least when you arrive in the UK and must intend to live together in the UK.
- Your children:
- Must be under 18 years of age on date of application.
- Must not have formed an independent family unit or be leading an independent life.
- Must not be employed full-time.
- Must be wholly or mainly dependent upon their parents emotionally and financially.
- Must be living with their parents, except where at boarding school, college or university (in full-time education).
Only those family members can qualify as your dependants. This means that parents, brothers and sisters, uncles and aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews and other relatives are not eligible to be your dependants.