BRP - Lost or Stolen Passport or BRP card

What do I need to do?

If your passport containing your current visa is lost or stolen, you must obtain a police report and contact your embassy, who should be able to advise you on the procedure for getting a new one. You should also contact VISA at or GCU London at immediately, who can provide you with photocopies of your old passport.

You will also have to apply for Transfer of Conditions (TOC). This is where you apply to have your current immigration permission endorsed alongside your new passport. This will take the form of a BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) and not a vignette in your passport. The fee is £154.

If your Biometric Resident Permit card (BRP) is lost or stolen you need to notify the Home Office as soon as possible. You must also report the loss/theft to obtain a police report. Please contact the VISA Team urgently for advice to protect your immigration status.

Please note, if you already have a BRP and it is lost or stolen, you will have to apply for a replacement on form BRP (RC). Please contact the VISA Team to submit your form. The fee is £56.

Our handy postcard with advice on what to do if your BRP or passport are lost or stolen can be obtained from the VISA Team or the Campus Life Desk. You can also download it here Lost BRP/passport We recommend you carry one in your hand luggage or wallet when you travel with your passport and BRP card.

UKCISA provides information regarding problems with your passport and BRP card on their website. For more information on TOC, see the UKVI website.