For students in Glasgow you will register with Police Scotland at 2 French Street, Dalmarnock, Glasgow.
If you wish to book an appointment, you can:
- book an appointment in person at the Police Scotland, Overseas Visitor Registration Office (OVRO) in Glasgow at: 2 French Street, Dalmarnock, Glasgow G40 4EH
- or by telephone 01786 895560
- email SCDOVROGlasgow@scotland.pnn.police.uk (Please include your mobile number in your email message)
You can book an appointment if you are in your home country or if you have already arrived in Glasgow. Please allow a minimum of 7 working days before re-contacting the office to request an appointment.
For students in London you will register at the Overseas Visitors Records Office:323 Bough High Street, London, SE1 1JL, T: 02072301208
Before your appointment, please print out and complete an application form known as an Overseas Visitors Registration Office (OVRO) Initial Registration Document from the Police Scotland website before attending the office for registration. You should also have collected your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from the Post Office or your collection point.
When an appointment has been arranged for registration, you should attend the Glasgow or London OVRO in person. You should bring ALL of the following materials:
- Overseas Visitors Registration Office (OVRO) Initial Registration Document (download this here)
- UK Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card and any decision letters received from the Home Office
- Two passport sized photos
- £34 cash only for the registration fee – OVRO does not accept credit or debit cards/ cheques
- Proof of student study - CAS or unconditional offer letter from the University
- Proof of address – contract, lease agreement or if you are living in student accommodation, a letter from university or accommodation provider.
In order to register for the first time you must provide evidence of the requirement to register with the police. The Home Office have started to send the approval of leave notification which shows the requirement to register, when contracting Further Leave to Remain in the UK, by email rather than by post.
You are recommended to print out a copy of this email and take it with you to your initial registration appointment.
All documents must be printed out onto paper. Failure to provide all of the materials will result in the registration not taking place, and a new appointment for registration will be allocated. At your appointment, you will receive a police registration certificate, as proof of your registration with the police.
At peak times it may not be possible to obtain an appointment to register with the police within 7 days of your arrival in the UK. You must however, contact and confirm your appointment date and time within 7 days and keep a note of the booking in order to meet your visa condition.
It has come to our notice that some businesses located near the OVRO in London are charging students up to £5.00 to print an OCR Registration Proforma. This is an extortionate amount and unfortunately something OVRO have no control over.
To avoid students having to pay this additional unnecessary cost, we encourage students to ensure they print their OCR Registration Proformas on campus or at home before they attend the appointment.
To avoid further delays and inconvenience, students must ensure forms are of a good quality print and completed correctly as per our guidelines: