What is biometric enrolment?

When you arrive in the UK with a 30 day vignette (sticker) in your passport, you need to enrol your biometric information (facial image and fingerprints) and collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card from the designated Post Office listed on your letter within 10 days of arrival. 

When you extend your visa from inside the UK, part of the application process will involve having to enrol your biometric information (facial image and fingerprints) at the Post Office. When your visa is granted, it will take the form of a biometric residence permit (BRP). This is a separate card that proves your right to live/study/work in the UK. For security reasons, the Home Office sends your BRP seprately from your passport and supporting documents. 

What to do when you get your BRP

As soon as you receive your BRP, you should check it carefully (front and back) to ensure all the information on it is correct. If there are any errors, you must inform VISA immediately.

If your BRP is lost, stolen or damaged, you must let us know immediately. You also need to report the loss/theft immediately to the poluce and UKVI. The replacement form for a BRP is called BRP (RC); we can assist you with this application. You also need to obtain a replacement if you change your name (for example by marriage), nationality, gender, or if there is a significant change in your facial appearance.

View the UKVI website and  information document on BRPs.