Driving in the UK

If you drive a car in Great Britain you must make sure that the car is registered, taxed and insured for your use. It is against the law to drive without all the documents relating to registration, road tax and insurance being fully up-to-date.

If you have a full driving licence from an EEA country you are allowed to drive in Great Britain for as long as your licence remains valid.

All drivers must comply with British minimum age requirements; generally, these are 17 years for cars and motorcycles, 18 years for medium sized vehicles.  if you reqiure more info, goto the DVLA website.

If you have a licence issued by a non-EEA country you can drive in the UK for 12 months using your international licence but after your first 12 months in Great Britain you must have a full GB licence.

This may involve taking a GB practical driving and theory test, so you are advised to plan for this.