- English phonemic chart - this chart presents the sounds of English in symbols and sound. There's also a free pronunciation mobile phone app.
- Tonguetwisters with recordings - you can listen as often as you want, and give them a try on your own
- For fun pronunciation practice, try this tonguetwisters site
- 3 short BBC radio programmes about pronunciation - good listening practice with a transcript of the text that you can follow
- English pronunciation tip of the day
- Pronunciation hints from the About.com English language learning site
- Intonation and stress also on the about.com site
- Some notes on Scottish pronunciation, but no sample listening.
If you’d like to comment on the usefulness of these sites or know any other sites that might be useful for other students, please email the English language contact for your School.