There are few different ways to get help with the University's IT systems.
The Service desk provides IT help:
- Via the My Service portal
My Service is a new Self Service area which allows you to raise and log an IT issue as well as view the status of open logs and requests.
- by telephone for urgent requests
All Information Services computer labs have phones. These are mounted beside red boards and will put you straight through to the Service desk. Saltire Centre IT phones are located in the printer pods on each level. Please have your username ready and note any error messages encountered.
- via the IT Support web pages
On these webpages, you can find a lot of useful information ralating to the IT systems in the University.
- by email - email@example.com
Please include your username and Student ID (matriculation number) in all correspondence.
- in person - simply go to the Campus Life Desk on the 1st floor of the George Moore building.
Within each School there is a Learning Development Centre (LDC) with staff trained to provide academic support. One member of the LDC will have a specialist role in providing ICT Support. They can be contacted as follows:
- Glasgow School for Business and Society
Phone: 0141 331 3300
- School of Health and Life Science
Dr Lina Petrakieva
Phone: 0141 331 3456
- School of Computing, Engineering and Built Environment
Phone: 0141 273 1230
The Campus Life Desk on the first floor in George Moore building is there to help and act as your first point of contact for student enquiries. The team work closely with staff from each professional support service and are able to direct you to the relevant service if required.