Here's a list of key things you have to do or think about before you start at GCU.
What happens between your application and starting at Caledonian?
- You follow the application process for undergraduates or postgraduates
- You firmly accept an unconditional offer
- You can apply for University accommodation
- We will send you a joining instructions email. This will include your username and password and how to register online before you start. Follow this link to our University Guide for New Students with a campus map. This also includes a plain English version of our Code of Student Discipline. Read the full University Code of Student Discipline here
- You register with the university - read the guide to online registration
- You give us your photograph
- You complete the registration process by collecting your student ID card
- Apply for tuition fee support, other bursaries, supplementary allowances or funding for students with dependants as soon as you have a place at Caledonian.
- Open a bank account - your student loan will be paid straight into your bank account.
- Find out about how to pay the fees if you can't get tuition fee support. The Fees and Funding webpages can also advise you about ways to look for help to pay.
- Have a look on the Careers webpages to and sign up to Career Hub to find out about the latest jobs/opportunities available.
Is there anything else I should think about and organise?
Read the emails from the university and your school again so that you know exactly what you have to bring and where you should go. You'll also find details within your school and programme pages.
Plan your journey
What's happening during induction week?
What do I need to bring on my first day at GCU?
- Payment schedule letter from Student Loans Company (if applicable) - get this scanned when you collect your card so we can confirm of your attendance to Student Loans Company.
- Award letter – to confirm your attendance to SLC if you don’t have a payment schedule letter
- Your passport or UK driver’s licence – if you are a UK or EU student
- Your passport showing stamp on entry to UK and Biometric Immigration Document (or letter from the Home Office if you've been told to collect your BID on campus) - if you are an International Student
Now you're prepared...
Find out what will be happening on your first few weeks at university.