It is not uncommon for people to feel at a crisis point and you are doing the right thing by seeking support and advice. If the feeling is overwhelming or you feel so distressed that you have thoughts of harming yourself or you feel you are at risk of harming others then:
You need to:
- Phone or visit your GP as soon as possible to tell them how you are feeling. To find your local GP, please follow this link.
- If your GP surgery is closed, call NHS 24 on 111
- OR you can contact Samaritans on 116 123
- OR call Breathing Space on 0800 83 85 87
- OR call HOPELineUK on 0800 068 41 41 or text 07786209697
During office hours (Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm) you can contact the University Counselling Service on 0141 273 1393.