Health & Living support services

You can find information below regarding what external help in relation to health and living support services you can receive whilst studying at Glasgow Caledonian University. 

Register with a Doctor or Dentist

It is important that you register with a doctor and a dentist in Glasgow if you have moved away from home.

You can register for a GP online, all you have to do is fill out an application for Woodside Health Centre.

Students who live in an area with these postcodes (G1,G2,G3,G4,G5,G11,G12,G20 and G21) can register with Dr Webster and Partners.

If you do not live in one of these areas or are looking for a dentist, these NHS webpages will help you. NHS Lanarkshire also offer 1 free dental treatment in an outreach facility called the Buchanan Centre on Coatbridge Main street. To be eligible, you must be over 16-years-old and not be registered with a dentist. Please fill out the Self Referral form - Dental 2019

SP Energy Networks - A caring network

SP Energy Networks are responsible for your local electricity network. We are the company you would call in the event of a power cut, no matter who you pay your bills to. Moving to a new country to study at university is such an exciting time, but it can also be stressful. Life flows more smoothly with a little extra help, that’s why at SP Energy Networks we deliver a range additional support services. 

Contact us on 0330 1010 154 for further information and we will refer you to the appropriate local agency. 

You can find more information on our website.

 SP Energy Networks