You can check the Printer status page for information on printer outages/faults. If your nearest printer is out of order, you can print to the secure print/copy devices as an alternative.
If the lab PC you are using doesn't have any printers listed or tries to print your document to a 'CutePDF' printer, try restarting your PC to refresh the policy settings and reattach you to the nearest printer.
There are several reasons why a document may not print:
- Check your print quota and our printing prices. Do you have enough credit to print your document?
- Check the print queue to see if your job is in the queue to be printed:
- Click on Start >> Settings >> Printers. double-click the printer you have sent your document to, you will see a list of all documents waiting to print. If your document is listed there, it's in the queue to print
- Are there any faults (error messages, or flashing lights) displayed on the printer?
- All faults should be reported to the Information Service Desk. Use the nearest IT Support phone to report the fault
Saltire Centre print/copy devices
- Remember, you must log in to retrieve your print jobs from the print/copy devices
- Check which print/copy device you have logged into. Colour jobs will only display on the colour print/copy devices
- If there is a fault with the nearest print/copy device, you can log into a different print/copy device & retrieve your document(s).
If you can't find the problem, use the nearest IT Support phone to call the Information Service Desk.