The Part-time Fee Grant (PTFG) from SAAS can help with the cost of your tuition fees.
You must apply for PTFG each year.
You must apply to SAAS within 6 months of the start of your course.
Eligibility for Part-time Fee Grant (PTFG)
To qualify for support, you will need to meet the SAAS eligibility criteria on:
Income: You must have an individual income of £25,000 a year or less, including bonuses and overtime.
Courses and qualifications:
1) You must be studying an eligible course of Higher Education or Continuing Professional Development at levels 7-10 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF);
2) You must be doing between 30-119 SCQF credits in each year of your course. There are some courses where you can still apply for PTFG even if your total credits for the year is 120. You’ll find details of these courses in the FAQ’s.
3) Your course must be at least 4 months long in each academic year.
4) Only ACCA Fundamental level papers are eligible for PTFG funding. ACCA Professional level papers are not eligible for this funding.
1) If you are eligible to apply for the PTFG, SAAS will take into account any help you are getting from an employer, towards the cost of fees, before deciding how much they can pay.
2) SAAS cannot give you any PTFG funding if you are already receiving support from another government training scheme, including Individual Learning Account (ILA), the Employability Fund and the Modern Apprenticeship Scheme.
3) If you are on a course that’s eligible for full-time support from SAAS then you will not be eligible to apply for the PTFG. This also includes those who are registered on a full-time course but attend on a part-time basis.
Course providers: GCU is approved and validated by SAAS.
Residence: You must meet the normal SAAS residence conditions an must also be resident in Scotland to be eligible for the PTFG.
Applying for Part-time Fee Grant (PTFG)
To apply for PTFG download the PTFG application form from the SAAS website.
Make sure that your application for PTFG is for all the modules you think you may take over the full academic year.
Section E of the PTFG application must be completed by the university. Bring all 9 pages of the application form to the Campus Life Desk on Level 1 of the George Moore Building, post it to the Student Records Office or send a scanned copy of all 9 pages of the PTFG application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your PTFG application is sent electronically as a scanned attachment to the Student Records Office, it will be returned to you by post. SAAS need to have an original signature from the university on the application, rather than a scanned copy of a signature. In the same way, if you are sending your application electronically as a scanned attachment, you should not complete Section F until your application has been completed by the university and returned to you. SAAS need to receive an original of your signature rather than a scanned copy of it.
Before we can complete the PTFG application you will need to have completed your online registration with the University for session 2019-2020 and have had your record updated by your programme co-ordinator to show all the modules that you will be doing over the full academic year.