Most students can't get state benefits such as income support, housing benefit or universal credit. However, students who are single parents may be able to claim benefits during the summer vacation period. There are also certain benefits that disabled students may be eligible for. 

Check the Benefits Agency website for further information for students and school leavers.

CPAG (Child Poverty Action Group) is a Scottish based organisation who specialise in producing information on benefits and their website includes useful information specific to students

Department of Work and Pensions provides information and guidance on availability and eligibility of Government funds

HM Revenue & Customs Working and Child Tax Credits

GAIN Glasgow's Advice and Information Network is a free service offering help and advice regarding Universal Credit.