Ways to save money on travel
To save money on travel, it's best to buy a monthly or weekly ticket or a zone card. Rail and bus companies also offer discount cards to save even more.
- Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) - Cheapest of all is the 10 week zone card for unlimited travel by rail, subway, most buses and some ferries in Strathclyde.
- Citylink - Best for students travelling from outside the Strathclyde area, for example Stirling, Falkirk and Perth. Check the Citylink website for current discount offers and savings.
- ScotRail - A young person's rail card is available to all students. This gets 1/3 off all rail travel nationwide. To apply go to the young persons rail card website.
- First Bus - They offer options for students. Check the First Bus website to see which offer best suits your travel needs. See the list of offers available to Caledonian students.
SAAS funded students
- There is a contribution element of £350 towards travel costs included in your Student Loan.
- Allied Health students can apply for help towards placement travel if eligible. Check eligibility here.
- If you are having difficulty meeting the costs of your travel to and from GCU, or you have exceptionally high travel costs, you can apply for extra help towards travel through the Discretionary Fund.