Withdraw from your programme

If you are thinking about withdrawing from your programme, speak to your programme leader or academic adviser first.  If you would like to discuss your situation with someone else in confidence, the Students’ Association Advice Centre offers a non-judgemental, independent service. 

You can also get specialist help with specific issues affecting you from one or more of our student support teams: 

Struggling with academic writing, study skills or other academic issues?  Contact your school’s Learning Development Centre.

Money worries?  Speak to our Student Funding team.

Contact our Disability service for advice on dealing with the impact of a long term physical or mental health condition on your studies or attendance.

If you would like to access counselling, contact the Student Wellbeing for an appointment.

If you decide to withdraw from your programme, your programme leader will arrange this for you and we will process the request once received.  We notify SAAS of withdrawals throughout the year, however you can report a withdrawal online.  You should do this as soon as possible to avoid overpayment, as you will need to repay any money you were not entitled to immediately.  If you are funded by Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales or Student Finance NI, you can email us and we will confirm your withdrawal to them.  

If you need a visa to study here, you must contact the VISA team for advice and guidance before you submit your request to withdraw from your programme.  Withdrawing from your studies will have serious implications to your immigration status, so this needs to be discussed fully before you make your decision to submit your request.