Former students - how to order

‌Former Students

If you are a former student and are looking for a transcript you can find out how to order one and how much does it cost below. 

Coronavirus update: as our campus is closed we are unable to produce transcripts for study before 1994/1995.  If you are not sure when you studied email  

 To request a transcript you must complete the following:

  • Step 1 - make your payment via the GCU Online Store.
  • Step 2 – complete, sign and submit an academic transcript request form ‌by post, or e-mail to:‚Äč
  • Please also ensure you include your GCU Online Store order number: for example, STORE9648 on your Academic Transcript Request Form. You will be provided with your order number on receipt of payment.

NB: Your transcript will not be processed until payment has been made via the GCU online store. Where you have studied more than one programme, i.e. a BSc and a Masters (MSc), you must submit a request and payment for each programme.

The minimum cost is £10 which includes one copy of your academic transcript.  Each additional transcript costs £1 up to a maximum of 4 additional copies. For example, if you wished to purchase 5 transcripts the total cost would be £14.

How will my transcript be sent to me and how long will it take?

 We do not send transcript(s) to multiple addresses. Your transcript(s) will be sent to the address included on your Academic Transcript Request Form.

Please allow for up to 15 working days (or 25 days if you studied before 1998) for the transcript to be processed and then allow for an additional postal delivery period of:

  • Mail posted to UK addresses usually takes 5 working days to be delivered
  • Mail posted to non-UK addresses by Royal Mail can take considerably longer, depending on local postal services, and we therefore recommend allowing approximately 20 working days for mail to be delivered.  We are unable to provide tracking information for these deliveries nor can we give any indication of exactly how long they will eventually take to reach you.

For an additional fee you may request the following methods of postal delivery.  This service can be purchased via the GCU Online Store

  • Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed for (UK Only) £2
  • Courier - UPS (Non-UK Addresses) £15

 Please note that the courier service is unable to deliver to P.O. Boxes.


SQA Qualifications (e.g. HNC/HND Awards)

The University does not hold records detailing unit marks from the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), previously known as SCOTVEC/SCOTBEC. e.g. HND or HNC Qualification awarded by SQA

You can apply for an Academic Transcript from the SQA. Please see their website for further details:

Nursing, OT, Exchange & PhD Programmes

Transcripts for the following programmes are provided by the School Programme Co-ordinator. You can contact the Programme Co-ordinator by phoning the general university phone number 0141 331 3000 and asking to be transferred to the relevant school.  

  • Erasmus/Exchange Students (GSBS)
  • Erasmus/Exchange Students (SEBE)
  • Erasmus/Exchange Students (SHLS)
  • PhD students
  • Bachelor/Diploma of Midwifery
  • Bachelor/Diploma of Nursing (Adult)
  • Bachelor/Diploma of Nursing (Child)
  • Bachelor/Diploma of Nursing (Learning Disabilities)
  • Bachelor/Diploma of Nursing (Mental Health)
  • Nursing - Short Courses
  • Registered General Nursing – RNN or RGN Qualification
Third Parties

Often third parties ask you to provide an academic transcript as part of their application process. Some common third parties who ask for this type of information are:

  • WES (World Education Services)
  • International Qualifications Assessment Service
  • Open University

If you wish to have your transcript(s) signed and sealed in a separate envelope (often requested by other institutions) please indicate this on the “Other Relevant Information” section of the academic transcript request form.

Please note, an academic transcript is not a confirmation of award. If the third party also requires a confirmation of award as part of their process, you will need to apply separately.  

To request a confirmation of award, you must complete the confirmation of award authorisation form and pay via the online store

Where the third party also requires the completion of their own form, this needs to be completed separately by the relevant academic school.