After graduation


After you graduate Alumni Relations will keep you up to date with what's happening in the university.


Did you know? The Careers Service continues to offer you help and advice whether you have found your first graduate job or are still looking. Check the Careers Service website for more information.
Confirmation of Award

Confirmations of Award are for graduates only, ie students who have formally graduated from the University, either in person or in absentia, at one of the University's graduation ceremonies.

If you want us to confirm your award by email, directly to prospective employers and others who contact us, please give us permission by completing the Confirmation of Award Authorisation Form. We require a fee of £35 to be paid through our Online Store. Once payment and the Confirmation of Awards authorisation form have been received we will aim to send out the confirmation of the award within 15 working days. Please note this may be longer during peak times.

If you have any queries using the Online Store please contact

Replacement Certificates

Please note: we are only able to offer a limited replacement certificate service at this time. We are still working remotely and are therefore unable to print certificates on demand. We will aim to process requests within 14 days of receipt of both your application form and fee, however, we cannot guarantee a date of when your request will be completed. Please bear with us during this time. The confirmation of award service may be of more use as this can be done remotely.

Certificates are legal documents and should be kept in a safe place. They should not be laminated.
Replacement certificates are only issued in exceptional circumstances, eg if the original is damaged. We reserve the right to deny duplicate copies.

To request a replacement certificate please complete a Replacement Certificate Application Form and pay a fee of £65 through our Online Store

If you have any queries using the Online Store please contact

If you graduated before 1993 with a CNAA/SQA award we cannot provide a replacement certificate. You should contact Open University or SQA.

Further Study - PG/Scholarships

After you graduate why not consider a postgraduate course?  Check out our scholarships pages for more information on the funding available for postgraduate study.