The Disability Team can provide information and advice to students so that they are able to access their programme of study and participate in university life as equally and actively as possible. Support covers many areas including:
- Providing information and advice for disabled students and applicants
- Providing a Needs Assessment service – this is a one-to-one meeting with a Disability Adviser to discuss and agree what support, facilities or adjustments students may require
- Help in applying for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) to cover the additional costs associated with required support or facilities. Where students are not eligible for DSA, these costs are met by the University.
- Arrangements for alternative exam or assessment arrangements such as extra time or rest breaks
- Help with notifying appropriate academic staff about support requirements and recommended adjustments to teaching or assessment arrangements
We work in conjunction with academic and other support departments within the University as well as external organisations to provide support. Please visit our website for further information: https://www.gcu.ac.uk/student/studentlife/studentsupport/disabilityteam/
Fill out our Self Assessment Questionnaire
Tell us a little more about the potential impact of your illness/impairment on study to help us assess your needs and make sure that we can prioritise help and support for new applicants at the busiest times of year.
The Disability Service is based in room M136, on the 1st floor of the George Moore Building, and we are open Mon-Fri from 9.30am-12.30pm and 1.30-5.00pm. You can also phone us on 0141 273 1371 or email us at email@example.com.