- Can I donate books?
- How many books can I borrow?
- How do I borrow a laptop?
- How do I check my library account or view the my library account function in Discover?
- How do I place or cancel a request?
- How do I order an item using Inter-library loan?
- What are the fines on overdue books?
- What are the library opening hours?
- How can I use Archives and Special Collections?
- How can I contact my Academic Librarian?
- Where can I get copyright advice?
General FAQs are answered by colleagues in other departments, so the questions link out to the appropriate web pages.
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I print in the library (including printing from my own device)?
- How do I top up my print credit?
- Where is the car park ticket machine?
- Where can I get a replacement student card?
- Where can I find my timetable?
- Who can help me with problems using Turnitin?
- How can I connect to Eduroam?
- How can I connect to the guest Wi-Fi?
- Where can I get help with Council Tax queries?
- How do I apply for the Discretionary Fund?
- How do I register with a doctor?
- What about IELTS testing?
- Where can I get my dissertation bound?
We regret we cannot accept donations.
How many books can I borrow? Back to top
- Students, staff and researchers: a total of 20 items
- You can also borrow some AV (audiovisual) equipment from the Library Desk on Level 0.
How do I place or cancel a request? Back to top
If all the copies of the book you want are on loan, you can request it. Go to Discover, sign in by clicking the grey box which says Guest, English on the toolbar at the top right of the screen. Click Sign in. Click Library Search, enter your search then click Available in the library on the grey menu at the right hand side of the screen.
Click the item title, then at Request Options click Request.
In the pop up box at Pick Up Location select Glasgow Campus (if at GCU London, select London Campus). Please note GCU London students can only place requests for GCU Glasgow books at the GCU London Library Desk. Click Request, you will see a confirmation that the request has been placed and your position in queue.
When the book is available an email will be sent to your University email account. The item can be collected from the Collection Point at the Library Desk.
To cancel a request go to Discover, sign in and choose My Library Account.
You can now see an overview of your account, click Requests and cancel the item you longer require.
Where is the car park ticket machine? Back to top
One is in the security office in the William Harley Building and the other is at reception in the Govan Mbeki Building.