Fines and disputes form
Please complete all sections of the form. Scan and send any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org supplying your name and student number in the subject field. Further, by submitting this form you confirm that you have read and agree to our and . Submitting the form also confirms that all the information contained within the form is true.
Personal information which you supply to GCU may be used in a number of ways:
- To administer your library account and provide access to services
- To monitor use of services and for statistical analysis
Please note that fines will not be waived under the following circumstances:-
- You forgot when the book was due back
- You did not receive a courtesy email reminder
- You were on holiday, on placement or abroad
- You had no access to the internet
- The book was on hold for another user
- The book had been renewed for the maximum loan period (84 days)
- You were unable to access your library account online
We may waive fines or charges in the following circumstances:
- Medical – you were ill and could not get in to university – please submit a medical certificate or supporting statement from a University member of staff who can confirm the dates you were absent.
- Personal – for example: family illness – please supply a supporting statement from your school or from one of the University Support Services confirming special circumstances. We do not need to know the details
- Bereavement – under these circumstances fines can normally be waived at the Library desk
- Other - You returned the books and have a self-return receipt.
The books were stolen – you have a crime reference number. A pink Loss Report slip will not be accepted.
We will not normally waive fines from longer than 6 months ago, unless you can provide supporting documentation which explains the delay in submitting a Fines and Disputes form.
Can anyone help me with the form?
A student adviser, an academic adviser or tutor can help.