TV fiction writing
This guide aims to navigate you to key quality resources to help you locate information to support your research. If you need help referencing your work, please see our referencing page which has guides to all the referencing systems used across the university.
For further help, please contact your librarian for advice and support.
- Box of Broadcasts is a TV and radio off-air recording service with archives of programmes from 2007 onwards. Staff and students can record, view and create playlists of programmes. See About BoB for more information on this resource
- Media Plus is a multimedia platform offering digital image, video and audio collections copyright cleared for use in education. There is an online quick guide to the collections
- Screenonline is an online encyclopaedia of British television and film with hours of film and clips
- TRILT (Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching) is a key source of British television and radio data
- BBC Writer’s Room is a resource which supports aspiring writers with practical advice as well as material to inspire creativity
- The Daily Script is a collection of downloadable movie scripts and screenplays
- Film Scriptwriting has supporting material on story structure, format, character development as well as practical information on submission and lists of freely available scripts to read
- Internet Movie Script Database is a large repository of film scripts which you can read or download
- The Script Factory is a London-based company who specialise in supporting script development through tailored one-to-one sessions with writers