Tourism and hospitality
This quick guide will help you find key resources for your subject area including journal articles and subject specific databases.
You may wish also wish to explore these related subject guides:
- Business and company information
- Economics and international development
- Marketing and market research
If you need further help contact your librarian.
- Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA)
- ANTOR : Association of National Tourism Offices in the UK contains information about other countries' tourist offices.
- Fraser of Allander Institute is an independent economic research institute which provides expert commentary on Scotland’s economy. Their Economic Commentary includes detailed forecasts in key sectors of the Scottish economy including tourism.
- UK Office for National Statistics includes tourism, travel and economic data.
- Visit Scotland is the official website of the Scottish Tourist Board and includes a research and statistics section.
- Visit Britain is the official website of the British Tourist Authority.
- Visit Wales is the official website of the Welsh Tourist Board.
European, USA and world tourism
- Association of European Airlines includes passenger figures for many of Europe's carriers in the research and statistics section.
- International Air Traffic Association includes statistics and other information.
- Tourism Offices Worldwide Directory
- Office of Travel and Tourism Industries is an official US Government website.
- World Travel and Tourism Council members are business leaders in the travel and tourism industry. Also includes the EcoNETT site on sustainable tourism.
Tourism education, research and consultancy
- British Hospitality Association
- Institute of Hospitality is a hotel, catering and institutional management association.
- Hospitality Net is a portal for hospitality industry on the web.
- Hotel Resource is a portal for hospitality professionals produced in partnership with the Centre for Hospitality Research at Cornell University.
- Cornell University School of Hotel Administration (USA)
- Hotel Online (USA)
- Hospitality Industry is another gateway to hospitality resources.
- Food Standards Agency
- Bibliographic Database of the Conservation Information Network (BCIN) is a bibliographic resource for the conservation, preservation and restoration of cultural property.
- Centre for Cultural Policy Research maintains a database of research on the impact of arts, culture and major events on behalf of the Scottish Executive.
- Campaign for National Parks (England and Wales)
- Creative Scotland formerly the Scottish Arts Council
- Glasgow Museums
- Historic Scotland
- Museums of the World is a global museum project containing information directly from the museums.
- National Galleries of Scotland
- National Museums Scotland
- National Trust for Scotland
- National Trust
- Natural England
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- UNESCO World Heritage Centre Cultural Landscapes