Moving image and sound archives
- Box of Broadcasts is a TV and radio off-air recording service with archives of programmes from 2007 onwards. Staff and students can record, view and create playlists of programmes. BoB provides more information.
- Media Plus is a multimedia platform offering digital image, video and audio collections copyright cleared for use in education.
- Screenonline is an online encyclopaedia of British television and film with hours of film and clips.
- TRILT (Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching) is a key source of British television and radio data.
- Audionetwork pre-licensed production music from various genres available to purchase for re-use.
- Creative Commons (CC) search allows you to discover CC licensed content from across the web. Enter your search terms and select a service to search depending on whether you want to find images, music or video. Check the licence applied to each resource to see what you can and cannot do with it.
- Mobygratis free music for non-profit filmmakers.
- Musopen lists sources of royalty and copyright free music for use in educational resources.
- Open music archive out of copyright and public domain music.
- Solvonauts specialist OER search engine covering all media types.
- Stonewashed is a good list of sources of free music.
- Xpert is an OER repository run by the University of Nottingham. After conducting a search select a resource to download it together with a built-in attribution statement. Check the licence applied to each resource to see what you can and cannot do with it.
You may also find our Newspapers and broadcast news pages useful.