Country profiles supply essential data on the financial, political and social aspects of a country and are particularly useful for any company wishing to establish business relationships, such as importing or exporting products and services or setting up a business venture. Please make sure you have up to date information as individual country events, financial situation, laws and regulations can change quickly.
You can find country information in a wide range of sources including books, databases, web sites (official and unofficial), journal articles, newspaper articles and blogs.
This quick guide will help you find key resources for your subject area including journal articles and subject specific databases.
You may wish also wish to explore these related subject areas:
If you need further help contact your librarian.
- BBC Country Profiles
- CIA World Fact Book
- Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations
- NationMaster includes corruption data.
- OffStats (University of Auckland country datasets)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Country Data and Statistics
- UK Government Information for Visitors and Business
- UK Department of International Trade
- United Nations Country Data
- World Bank Country Data
- World Trade Organization (WTO)