Qualitative research questions
- Do the authors show the fittingness of the participants to represent the population by:
- showing a wide representation of the population who have knowledge of the phenomenon
- Randomisation would not be used in this approach
- Types of sampling detailed in the research design page
- How do all the above issues affect the transferability of the findings?
- Small numbers are acceptable
The authors need to explain in detail how they collected the data:
- where it occurred and the influences this may have on the credibility of the data.
- the influence of the researchers on the data gathered
- how it was collected, the influences on the participants and the data. For example, taping, interpretation, and recall.
- member checking of raw data, that is, was it taken back to the participants for verification.
- How does all this affect the research?
SMILE - How to assess a research article by GCU School of Health and Life Sciences modified by Marion Kelt, Glasgow Caledonian University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.