Planning your podcast
Plan before you begin. Think about:
- Technology requirements
- software to create and edit the podcast
- microphone, built in or plug in?
- Your production team (do you have one?, do you need one?)
- Your intended audience
- The purpose of your podcast
- Permissions and consent if using content created by other people. Creative Commons have a useful guide to legal issues in podcasting
- Frequency, format and length
Get support from those who matter. This will vary depending on your intended audience. Mostly, you should ask your tutor for further advice.
SMILE - Podcasting by Alison Aldrich, Technology Outreach Coordinator, Narional Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Northwest Region modified by Marion Kelt, GCU is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Based on a work at http://www.slideshare.net/aldricham/how-to-make-a-podcast-1819201