What is a student?
Imagine that you have been asked to draw a cartoon of the ideal GCU student. What would he or she look like? We tried it with a group of new students, and they suggested:
- Focused (big eyes, glasses)
- Considerate (thoughtful expression, big brain or head)
- Organised, planned (carrying laptop or timetable)
- Fit and healthy (carrying fruit, water, wearing trainers or sportswear)
- Responsible (broad shoulders)
- Punctual (wristwatch)
- Caring (big heart)
- Flexible (juggling, bendy limbs)
- Polite (smiling)
Have a look at this video from thein the School of Health and Life Sciences. It will give you some things to think about.
Could this be you? Are there other qualities that you think a good student should have? It may be worth taking some time to think about how you should look as a GCU student. One of they key qualities in our list is planning and organisation. The module on time management can help you cope - why not have a look?
SMILE by Imperial College, Loughborough University and the University of Worcester, modified by Marion Kelt Glasgow Caledonian University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.