Five steps to problem solving
Generally there are five widely accepted steps in the problem solving process:
- Define the problem - this is the hardest step and is covered on the next page.
- Gather facts - who, what, when, and where.
- Generate alternate options - bring in other people who might have a different problem solving style.
- Evaluate and implement most appropriate option
- Monitor the solution and evaluate the results
SMILE - Problem solving by CR Education modified by Marion Kelt, Glasgow Caledonian University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.